Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Best Sandwich I'd Never Heard of...

Sometimes I like to be adventurous with food because, I'm bored or curious. Well I had a pressed sandwich today that was bresaola and fontina.

BRESAOLA AND FONTINA
smoked bresaola and fontina with basil and a touch of
truffle oil on country white.

And I ordered it because I'd never heard of bresaola or fontina. I figured one was meat and one was cheese but I really wanted that truffle oil on my sandwich. Most of the other sandwiches had vinager or goat cheese or something I didn't like.

Bresaola it turns out tastes like a mix of prosciutto and roast beef. It's dry and salty but tender and quite tasty. Fontina is a slightly sweet nutty hard cheese that melts well. And truffle oil, which I don't know that I've ever had is just heavenly. I wanted just bread and truffle oil after that... toast with truffle oil spread across it like butter. I wanted it in my hand lotion. I wanted to bathe in it.

I kept smelling my napkin that had some oil on it just savoring the scent. It was like... nothing I had ever smelled. It defied description. It didn't smell musty or mushroomy. It smelled... elusive. They say it's aphrodiasiac. I can understand why.

1 comment:

Jeff G said...

Ms. Zap,
I never had a sandwich that sexy before.
Bon - oh - apetit!