I should post here more often. Between my Illustration Friday Blog and my tumblr log, I neglect this blog the most. And it's the oldest, most important and least read of my blogs. So what's with the possum?
Well the possum is me. Or it's how I think of myself artistically a good deal of the time. Yeah, I tend to think my work looks like it was drawn by a small animal without opposable thumbs with a broken crayon.
Anyway, I was disparaging my work the other day and I said this about my drawing compared to a friends:
Mine look like a possum drew them! Your bodies look human, mine look like weird dolls that are broken or made by another no talent possum!
And this image sprung to mind. The possum holding his hand out in the classic "no photographs please" pose as she drew some of my work for me. You know the world can't know I've been letting a possum do my work for me. PETA would be furious. And catch my cute little loop there what is the possum drawing? Me no doubt drawing the possum.
But what this little exercise made my think about is what animal other artists would think drew their work for them. Would the long and elegant lines of my friend be a lemur? A greyhound. A sparrow?
I'm growing fond of my little alter ego... I'll think about possums a little longer.
2 comments:
I love this! It has so much life, so much movement. That is a big thing about a lot of your work. There is feeling to it. Love it.
Actually, possums do have opposable thumbs....on their feet. This pic is adorable, either way, of course!
Post a Comment