Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I survived Kate's 30th Birthday!

At my party I handed out magnets that said I survived Kate's 30th Birthday! Or if you weren't feeling up to the task... I did not survive Kate's 30th Birthday! It was a good and ruckus time for all. I know I should have stories to tell about it but it was just so damn pleasant so much what I wanted it to be, so much what I needed it to be... Nothing really stands out.

Oh sure we had a kind of bitchy waitress who wanted us to order more food than drinks... Who kicked us out of some "Reserved seats" that had been abandoned. And certain folk were sulky at the good table.

I've got to say if you want to take up room at the head table... Then put on your game face. This table isn't for the slackers. It's the folks have fun not just sitting and sulking. Being quite is one thing but trying to rain on other people's parades... Well that just isn't cool.

But despite that it was great. The best birthday I've ever had.

Wow. I just typed that and suddenly realized it was true. This was the best birthday I've ever had. Friends and family came out of the woodwork, my cousin's Chris and Steve came. My freshman roommate Dana, my beautiful and fun Aunt Caryn, my old roommate Josh... Louis out from New York... And Kay. It was fantastic. I couldn't have asked for more.

I came away poor. But damn it was good times, good drinks, good food, good friends. I was surprised by how many people came. It was overwhelming at points. It was great. I am so happy I did it.

I'll write more later but for now... I survived Kate's 30th Birthday!

9 comments:

DogsDontPurr said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! I wish I could have been there! It sounds like you did more than just survive!

Are there pictures??? We must see pictures!!!!

Zelda Zap said...

There are very few pictures... as it was dark and my mom has a habbit of taking unflatterin pictures in the dark. But I'll post some as soon as I can. I wish you all had been there too.

Anonymous said...

that sounds great...i am so happy for you your bday party rawked. i'll have to buy you a few drinks for you when you come over to make up for not being there.... ;)

p.s.

it just hit me today you'll be here in less than a month btw...eeeee!

i am getting pretty excited! :)

Anonymous said...

that was me...btw....fran... :P

Zelda Zap said...

You got so excited you forgot to sign your name! I know I can't believe it either it's very exciting. My birthday was fantastic, it was just what I needed and more than I hoped for (and my expectations weren't low). We'll have just as much fun when I come out to CA though. I can't wait to meet you and Wendy and Pippin, and Emma! And to see Marcie and Alan, and Zoe. Well and Linda and my brother... it's a lot of visiting!

Anonymous said...

OK, I found you--whew! I'm jealous of your birthday ;)

Zelda Zap said...

Sorry Hill, didn't mean to scare you there. I can email you the details of why my blog is here now... long story short I'm here now. I wish you were at my birthday, you'd love this place!

Anonymous said...

yes, i did....hee!

and yeah, we'll definetely party like it's 1999 when you get here...

can't wait for you to meet the familia either... :D

fran

Hadley said...

I'm still grumpy that I missed it. Stupid flu from hell. I tell you Kate, I probably would have gotten everyone there sick if I had come.

BTW, I finally finished your blog layout. I wanted to have it done by your birthday but, alas... I will email you a screen shot of it and then you can decide if you like it or not and, if so, if you want me to put it up here or if you want to move to a server you can password if you want.