Wednesday, June 08, 2005

June is busting out all over...

The June leaves are finally turning to jade… and heat, real heat has brought it’s summer embrace to New England. And I for one am glad.

Oh and I might have mentioned in my last post my boyfriend on the train, has now become my fiancé on the train. As I finally learned his name… Jeff. I had promised him Red Sox tickets once and he had been thrilled beyond belief. Because really what kind of stranger does that. Unfortunately the day I had tickets he wasn’t at the train. I know where he works. But I very couldn’t go up there and ask someone If there’s a guy who rides train her? Because I have Sox tickets for him. No unfortunately I don’t know his name… How do I know him? Uhm by sight??? I explained this to him when I saw him a few days later. He was disappointed to say the least and we exchanged names and numbers. Although we’ve yet to use either of them. But the intimacy of this knowledge, the fact that I can call him whenever I like has upgraded his status to fiancé in my imaginary world. It’s fun.

Other than that things have settled in to slow hot pace of the start of summer in the city. I hope this lead to drinking of rooftops, walking on beaches, laying in parks, hiding in movie theaters, laughing, dancing, ballgames, thunderstorms, ice cream and hot restless dreams. I started the summer on the right foot. While in LA in Venice I talked the night through with my pal Linda. We strolled to the beach at about 6am and stood in the water for an hour or so before stripping down and running in to the cold Pacific Ocean in our underwear and frolicking like seals until we were exhausted. As we climbed out of the water Linder whispered “Just act normal” as people passed us by. As we climbed back into our clothes some nice old ladies giggled and asked if it was cold in there. They had a twinkle to their eyes and when turned to walk away we saw them standing in the water looking like they might take the plunge themselves.

And that’s the way you start a summer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope your summer does lead to that...."drinking of rooftops, walking on beaches, laying in parks, hiding in movie theaters, laughing, dancing, ballgames, thunderstorms, ice cream and hot restless dreams."

heee!

i hope it does for all of us... :D

Anonymous said...

yeah that was me, fran...on the previous comment... :P

Zelda Zap said...

I forgot to add swimming to that. Swimming's almost the most important part of the summer. I thought it might be you Fran. The other day when I got off from work I thought of Henry James who claimed, "The most beautiful words in the English language are "summer's afternoon". As I sat in the hazy shade on the cool grass no words could even compare.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, summer...roadtrips and camping in my future! I'm heading to Charleston over the 4th, camping in the smokies on the way. Never seen mountains or the ocean...if there was some way to hit the Grand Canyon on my way to SC I'd be able to die happy!

Zelda Zap said...

Can't imagine life without the ocean... I've seen some mountains but nothing too big. Sounds fantastic though. I wish I were going camping somewhere! Talk to Fran about about the Grand Canyon though... I've been there once it could be the place that I die.

Anonymous said...

ahhh, the grand canyon....hillary, don't get me started with the grand canyon....unless, you really want to of course ;)

fran

Anonymous said...

Would you, Fran? :) I have no qualms against living vicariously!