Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Movie Quote Quiz...

Right, Hadley did this. It's a list of movie quotes, some easy some maybe not form some of my favorite movies. Without looking them up... see how many you can guess.

1. That's the best introduction I've ever heard. "How do you do. Come and have a bathe." Hadley - A Room With a View

2. So, eleven hundred men went in the water; 316 men come out and the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.

3. That outfit’s wearing you, Felix.

4. I've always been considered an asshole for about as long as I can remember. That's just my style. But I'd really feel blue if I didn't think you were going to forgive me.

5. You bet. I finish work, I go home, read a book, have a couple of beers, take myself for a walk and go to bed. Hadley - The Muppet Movie

6. Those were the best years of his life, 'cause they made him who he was. All those years he was happy? You know, total waste. Didn't learn a thing. So, if you sleep until you're 18... Ah, think of the suffering you're gonna miss. I mean high school? High school-those are your prime suffering years. You don't get better suffering than that.

7. They say bread is life. And I bake bread, bread, *bread*. And I sweat and shovel this stinkin' dough in and out of this hot hole in the wall, and I should be *so* happy! Huh, sweetie?

8. That was the end of Grogan... the man who killed my father, raped and murdered my sister, burned my ranch, shot my dog, and stole my Bible!

9. I know I promised, Lord, never again. But I also know that YOU know what a weak-willed person I am.

10. Nothing? Nothing? NOTHING? Nothing, tra la la?


11. You total slut, you have a crush on him. You're defending him, you love him, you wanna have, like, ten thousand of his babies.

12. You see, that's one of the great things about getting involved with someone from another country. You can't take it personally. What's really terrific is that when we act in ways which might objectively seem asshole-ish or, or, incredibly annoying, they don't get upset at all. They don't take it personally. They just assume it's some national characteristic.

13. Sometimes the spaghetti likes to be alone.

14. In a sense, yes. My art has been commended as being strongly vaginal which bothers some men. The word itself makes some men uncomfortable. Vagina. Hadley - The Big Lebowski

15. Oh. It's not easy getting rides. Do you know what I mean? I mean most people are real afraid to pick up hitchhikers. I mean you never know who you might pick up. I mean I could be some crazed slime ball. I mean a real deranged, violent psycho. You know what I mean? I mean a guy who would rip out your heart and eat it just for pleasure

4 comments:

Hadley said...

Oh. My. God.

Several sound familiar... but I cannot put my finger on any right away... I'll have to think about them and see if I can draw up the name.

Zelda Zap said...

It's hard when they're out of context. I had a really hard time with yours. Plus I think I picked some real obscure stuff. So I might try to find more famous quotes and do a follow up. I promise I know you've seen some of these. 1, 4, 5, and 10 at the very least and 2, 6, 14 most likely.

Here are the dates of the movies if that helps.

1. 1985
2. 1975
3. 1990
4. 2001
5. 1979
6. 2006
7. 1987
8. 1984
9. 1985
10. 1986
11. 1999
12. 1994
13. 1996
14. 1998
15. 1985

Hadley said...

Ok... I'm pretty sure #1 is Room With a View... and I'm pretty certain that #5 is a Muppets quote, but I can't remember from what... #2, #3, and #8 are sooooo familiar, but I just can't put my finger on them. And whatever #11 is... I watched it recently... I can hear the voice saying it... but I just can't draw up the face/movie to go with it. Oh! Of course. #14 is The Big Lebowski. Duh. And... that's about as good as I can do right now. Maybe the others will eventually come to me?

Zelda Zap said...

Awesome Hadley! Let me know if you give up and I'll send you an email with the answers. I know you know number 10!