Saturday, March 22, 2008

Welcome to the jungle

So I have this idea in my head. I’m doing a series of… um.. uh… well… It’s a series. It’s actually the same image done over and over again. With very few changes really. Sounds exciting huh? Right.

Well it’s the way my mind works I get an idea and it sits there and sits there and waits patiently as I ignore it and then it grows. And it grows. And it grows. And finally it pushes my other thoughts away until I start working on it.

This one is a little long term.

So I committed to it. And you would think I’d have picked some fantastic image if I were going to be stuck with it and committing all of this time and energy to it. But I didn’t. I drew something quick and stuck myself with it.

And what is the point of this one?

I got nothing. I don’t know what it’s for.

The images are different sized and media and probably will never fit together but… I’ve never done a series before. Not the same image anyway.

In the jungle….








More on the way...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! I really like the idea of a series of images that are all the same, yet all different. I have a friend in Oregon who does all his shows that way. Each show is basically one image painted a dozen different ways. Or sometimes he does a dozen completely different paintings, but there will be one small element that is the same in all of them. He's become quite successful and usually sells out all his shows. Have fun with it. I can't wait to see more!

Zelda Zap said...

Thanks Marcie!

The next couple of versions are little more ambitious. I'd like to a more realistic looking scene with all of the animals. And I want to do a more stage version. Where its more costumes and people dressing as the parts of the animals. Maybe a space version as well. I'm not sure which will come next.