I may or may not have been hired today. That is I’m 70% sure that after count them 22 months (give or take a day or two) I may be hired. You see I don’t have a timeframe on my alleged hiring. I didn’t ask. After 374 days of actual temping (574 days if you include weekends and holidays – holidays unpaid) you learn not to ask questions. Its depressing to ask questions.
I was told over lunch, that my boss would speak to his boss, and recommend hiring me full time. So I think that means I’m hired. However, I was told that I need to work harder, and focus more energy into working. Which is why I’m blogging this right now. Hmmm…
So I’m not sure whether I should celebrate just yet. I don’t know when any of this happens. I was pleasantly surprised by this turn of event. But I’m afraid too.
It’s like they say, the closer you come to being rescued the more frightened you are that something will go wrong and they’ll fail. I feel that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment