Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I need a drink....

This post goes out to Marcie who enjoys a martini or two...
Like Dorothy Parker said, I like to have a martini, two at the very most, after three I'm under the table, after four I'm under the host!
I had a little a little problem drawing that crowed martini. I originally had the olives in the crowded martini having less fun. That little one at the bottom wasn't smiling. But I changed it because it made me sad. That poor little olive trapped at the bottom made me sad. What is wrong with me? Artist's should be able to express anything. I shouldn't care that I drowned an imaginary olive. I need to work on some mean images.
The other image is a dirty martini. I'm not sure if it turned out dirty or sweet though.
Oh well.
Cheers Marcie!

7 comments:

Ann Marie DiVecchia said...

I enjoyed these images and your post! I think it's ok that you are kind to your olive characters!! :)

DogsDontPurr said...

Cheers right back at you!! I'm actually having a martini right now. Unfortunately without olives though. Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures!

Zelda Zap said...

Thank you! I love othe people's dark twisted images but have a hard time twisting my charcters into dark images. I'll keep working on it. But for now the olives are safe.

Zelda Zap said...

We must have been crossing comments Marcie!

I unfortunatly only have olives! We make a pair don't we? I can draw martini's so I suppose it's better than nothing. I did think of you when I drew these.

Cheers!

Hillary said...

I LOVE these!! I also enjoy a martini or few when the occasion presents itself....extra dirty, extra olives. I think I might have to have one (or two) tonight :). I have garlic stuffed olives....

Zelda Zap said...

Thanks Hillary! Oh yum! Garlic stuffed olives are the best! Maybe I'll have a martini tonight too. After yoga!

Hillary said...

It took me awhile, but I figured out why I like the first martini pic so much, especially reading your comment about drowning the olive.

OK, I like French movies a lot. They are pretty much the only love stories I do like (although, lately there have been some independent American films that make the grade, such as Lost in Translation and Stranger than Fiction). Anyway, one of my favorite French films is Jeux d'Enfants (or Love Me if You Dare) where 2 friends go back and forth daring each other to do more and more outrageous things. The subtext is they keep it up because they are really in love with each other, and the final dare is to die together, their love frozen forever in a block of cement.

I think if the two olives like this....which maybe doesn't decrease the morbid overtones, but it makes me like it more. :)