
I think the words for this picture were: Mountain, Fairy, Tree, Holding and Love/Hate Relationship.
I drew this a while back and on Hadley’s suggestion I decided to go color. It’s the sketch book she gave me about a year and a half ago, and I decided to go with watercolor on it’s drawing paper. So the paper doesn’t exactly hold up to watercolor. But I like the effect. In fact I’m working on a series of images in this sketchbook. I just need to make time to do that.
Is there a story? I don’t know. I guess the tree loves the fairy, she wants to get the hell away from the tree and it all happened in the fall. Because I like red and yellow and orange. I do find the tree incredibly creepy.
I notice I keep to this same weird pastel color scheme. I have to work on breaking out of that. And not relying on yellow to balance things or to make me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment