But I was painting this at the time I had the dream and I think it influenced my landscape.
The words were peacock, tent, stormy, drinking, and glamour.
Things I like about this piece:
That middle tree, the expression on the peacock with its head down, the color of the sky.
Things I don’t like about this piece:
Her mouth, the rainbow quality to the color, I should have made the tent darker or lighter.
Now I have start my Christmas card. Which is scaring my right now. I have some ideas but nothing solid yet. In a fit of despair I looked for inspiration in the one place I knew would enchant me. My big book of Jim Henson. Somewhere in the middle there are pictures of the Jim Henson Christmas cards through the years. Many simple, others elegant, others warm. 20 years from now I want to have a collection of card half so impressive. Which means I have to get started on this. Sigh… why is it so hard to get started?
Oh blank page I’m coming for you.
2 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving! And speaking of holiday cards...I need your mailing address. I'm going to attempt cards again this year. (Did I do them last year? I can't remember.) Hopefully I get them out before the season is over!
~DogsDontPurr.com
I'll email that to you. I'm working on my card now. It's not going so well.
Post a Comment